There are first questions for our own human mind and body when we don’t feel balanced and could use our own sort of helpdesk:
- Are you breathing correctly? Inhale down past your diaphragm as your body expands; exhale as your core muscles contract in towards your spine and your spine remains tall.
- Are you hydrated? Drink water. Room temperature or warmer.
- Are you rested? 8 hours of sleep required. Unless you are sattvic, then less is fine (but then you needn’t be reading this).
- Have you meditated today? This spiritual hygiene calms all minds.
- Have you exercised today? This, yes, spiritual hygiene calms all minds.
- Have you eaten 2 to 3 nourishing, fresh, unprocessed meals today, sitting down?
While these seem like they take up time that you don’t have, they actually create more time and space. They enhance the quality of life and shift the lens through which we see. They are a big deal. They create shifts in the other things in your life that you might think are bigger, more important. But these are what nourishes the mind, body, and spirit to do what they need to do, be where they need to be, and find stillness when stillness is necessary. These are the enzymes for manifesting potential. Give them a try. Make these 6 things unnegotiable and see what happens.